San Bernardino County Programs
Welcome to University of California Cooperative Extension, San Bernardino County
We develop and extend practical research-based information in agriculture and natural resource to the residents and workforce of San Bernardino County through a trained core of academics, staff, and volunteers. Programs include Youth/4-H, Master Gardener, Master Food Preserver, Expanded Food and Nutrition Extension Program (EFNEP), Small Acreage Farms/Farm Management/Urban Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Public and Commercial Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, and more.
Click on the program page links on the left for more information on our programs and staff contact information. Due to COVID and an unexpected move during COVID to a new location, please contact staff via email rather than by phone. You may contact County Director Janet Hartin by phone anytime at (951)313-2023 as well as email email@example.com
However, we remain on the job and available to assist you during and beyond COVID! Have a home gardening or landscaping question? Email the Master Gardener helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips to Keep Your Trees Alive During the Drought
1. Deep water mature trees slowly at least once or twice a month in the summer. Water within and slightly beyond the dripline, keeping the trunk dry. (Trees in sandier soil need to be watered more often than those in heavier soils.)
2. Keep the roots of newly planted trees moist their first season. Apply water regularly (2-3 times a week).
3. Water early in the morning when soil water evaporation is lowest.
4. Remember to water your trees that may have been relying on lawn sprinklers if you take out your grass.
5. Contact the UCCE Master Gardener Helpline for more tips: email@example.com
UCCE San Bernardino County Co-directors:
Janet Hartin (firstname.lastname@example.org) (951)313-2023 and Chris McDonald (email@example.com)
Office Address: UC Cooperative Extension, San Bernardino County, Highland Sam J. Racadio Library and Env. Learning Center. 7863 Central Avenue, Highland, CA 92346
All Other Contact Information for Programs and Staff on Left Panel.